The Heartsaver First Aid Course teaches rescuers to effectively recognize and treat adult emergencies in the critical first minutes until emergency medical services personnel arrive. The course provides complete health and safety training solutions for emergency first aid.
This course is appropriate for Life Guards, scouts and scout leaders, teachers, social workers, nannies, babysitters (over 10 years old), parents, grandparents, foster care, camp counselors, or anyone else who wants to learn CPR & First-aid.
Some rescuers may be required to take this course as part of their employer´s efforts to comply with OSHA regulations. This would include corporate safety employees, security guards, airline personnel, lifeguards, child care employees, etc. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Heartsaver CPR / First Aid certification card that is valid for two years.
After completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the links in the American Heart Association’s “Chain of Survival”
- Describe the steps of CPR for Adults, Children, and Infants
- Describe the safe and accurate use of an AED
Students will learn about and the treatment for:
- Breathing problems
- Chest pain and heart attack
- Diabetes, stroke, seizure, bleeding and shock, head injuries, injuries to bones, joints, and muscles, bites, stings, poisoning, heat or cold emergencies, and burns
The cost for this course is $70.00.